A file manager or file browser is a computer program that provides a user interface to manage files and folders. The most common operations performed on files or groups of files include creating, opening, renaming, moving or copying, deleting and searching for files, as well as modifying file attributes, properties and file permissions. Folders and files may be displayed in a hierarchical tree based on their directory structure. Some file managers contain features inspired by web browsers, including forward and back navigational buttons. Some file managers provide network connectivity via ...
Auslogics Duplicate File Finder is a software application intended to scan a users computer for duplicate files, display a list of such files and let the user delete unneeded copies with the purpose of freeing up hard drive space. The application works on computers that run the Microsoft Windows operating system. The programs version 2 supports Windows XP, Vista and 7. It is distributed as freeware, and is available in multiple languages. The program is bundled with adware.
Batch renaming is a form of batch processing used to rename multiple computer files and folders in an automated fashion, in order to save time and reduce the amount of work involved. Some sort of software is required to do this. Such software can be more or less advanced, but most have the same basic functions. Batch renaming can also be referred to as mass file renaming, you can rename EN masse and batch renaming.
Commander One is a dual-pane file manager for macOS, created entirely in Swift. The app is developed by Eltima Software. In addition to basic operations such as creating and managing folders deleting, copying, moving and renaming files, it also provides functionality that OS Xs default file Manager does not. The app uses the classic dual-pane ideology interface, offers Multi-tab browser, advanced search, customize hot keys, support for ZIP, show hidden files, allows to rename files or folders when you move, working with local and network drives. The so-called quick mode is designed for vie ...
ES File Explorer is a file manager/explorer designed by ES Global, a subsidiary of DO Global, for Android devices. It includes features like cloud storage integration, file transfer from Android to Windows via FTP or LAN, and a root browser.
Fast Duplicate File Finder is a Windows tool developed by MindGems Inc, available as a freeware version and a full commercial version. It is intended to scan a users computer for duplicate files, display a list of such files and let the user delete unneeded copies with the purpose of freeing up hard drive space. It is compatible with all Microsoft Windows versions including the latest Windows 8, Windows 7 and all Windows Server operating systems and their corresponding 32 and 64 bit versions.
ⓘ File managers
- similar editors and ded. File - list file managers are lesser known and older than orthodox file managers One such file manager is flist, which was introduced
- Linux portal Midnight Commander List of file managers Comparison of file managers Description ranger - file manager Retrieved 11 June 2014. Releases
- 2010. ForkLift 3.0 was released on February 21, 2017. File manager Comparison of file managers Comparison of FTP client software ForkLift 3.3.8 is available
- File Manager is a file manager program bundled with releases of Microsoft Windows between 1990 and 1999 and available from 6 April 2018 as an optional
- information for a number of notable file managers This table shows the operating systems that the file managers can run on, without emulation. Finder
- GNOME Files formerly and internally known as Nautilus, is the official file manager for the GNOME desktop. Nautilus was originally developed by Eazel
- Far Manager short for File and ARchive Manager is an orthodox file manager for Microsoft Windows and is a clone of Norton Commander. Far Manager uses
- Dolphin is a free and open source file manager included in the KDE Applications bundle. Dolphin became the default file manager of KDE Plasma desktop environments
- allows users to choose a file from the file system. File dialogs differ from file managers as they are not intended for file management although some
- moving or deleting files It also lets the user stop or pause current transactions. BeOS Haiku operating system Comparison of file managers Taskbar Official