Comcare is a statutory authority of the Australian Federal Government established under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 and covered by the Commonwealth Authorities and Companies Act 1997. Comcare administers the Commonwealths workers compensation scheme under the SRC Act; and the Work Health and Safety Act 2011. The department is headquartered in Canberra, and has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Newcastle. Comcare also provides secretariat, policy and legislative support to Seacare - the Seafarers Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Auth ...
The National Safety Council of Australia is a nonprofit organisation in Australia promoting safety awareness and offering consulting, auditing and training services. For much of its life NSCA was a volunteer organisation concerned largely with accident prevention. In the 1980s is expanded rapidly to become a national search and rescue organisation until the financial collapse of its Victorian Division in 1989. It subsequently returned to being a small scale non-profit organisation promoting safety awareness and occupational health and safety training, consulting and auditing. NSCA host the ...
The Safety Institute of Australia Ltd is Australias peak body for the occupational health & safety profession. Established more than 60 years ago, the Institute has a membership of over 4.000 individuals and more than 50 Corporate Members. In many cases, Members of the Safety Institute of Australia are actively working in the field of OHS as Health and Safety Representatives, or OHS practitioners or professionals. Other Members simply have an interest in health and safety in the workplace.
ⓘ Workplace health and safety in Australia
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000, No 40. OHS Act provides the rules and legislation to be abided by all workplaces to ensure the health safety and welfare
- Occupational safety and health OSH also commonly referred to as occupational health and safety OHS occupational health or workplace health and safety WHS
- and safety by understanding what influences Australian workplace cultures and then putting in place mechanisms to effect change harmonise work health and
- health H and safety S together EHS is a discipline and specialty that studies and implements practical aspects of environmental protection and safety
- Workplace health surveillance or occupational health surveillance U.S. is the ongoing systematic collection, analysis, and dissemination of exposure
- to secure the safety and health of people in the workplace Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1984 Government of Western Australia 2012. Retrieved
- Health and Safety Representatives, or OHS practitioners or professionals. Other Members simply have an interest in health and safety in the workplace
- the workplace health and safety and workers compensation divisions in mid - 2008 as it reflected its objective of encouraging people to work safely and reduce
- Employment and Workplace Relations on issues relating to the administration of the Commonwealth s occupational health and safety and workers compensation