β-Alanine is a naturally occurring beta amino acid, which is an amino acid in which the amino group is at the β-position from the carboxylate group. The IUPAC name for β-alanine is 3-aminopropanoic acid. Unlike its counterpart α-alanine, β-alanine has no stereocenter.
Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant of the methylxanthine class. It is the worlds most widely consumed psychoactive drug. Unlike many other psychoactive substances, it is legal and unregulated in nearly all parts of the world. There are several known mechanisms of action to explain the effects of caffeine. The most prominent is that it reversibly blocks the action of adenosine on its receptors and consequently prevents the onset of drowsiness induced by adenosine. Caffeine also stimulates certain portions of the autonomic nervous system. Caffeine is a bitter, white crystalline p ...
Ephedrine is a medication and stimulant. It is often used to prevent low blood pressure during spinal anesthesia. It has also been used for asthma, narcolepsy, and obesity but is not the preferred treatment. It is of unclear benefit in nasal congestion. It can be taken by mouth or by injection into a muscle, vein, or just under the skin. Onset with intravenous use is fast, while injection into a muscle can take 20 minutes, and by mouth can take an hour for effect. When given by injection it lasts about an hour and when taken by mouth it can last up to four hours. Common side effects includ ...
Methylphenidate, sold under the trade name Ritalin among others, is a stimulant medication used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy. It is a first line medication for ADHD. It may be taken by mouth or applied to the skin. Different formulations have varying durations of effect. Common side effects include trouble sleeping, decreased appetite, anxiety, and weight loss. More serious side effects may include psychosis, allergic reactions, prolonged erections, substance abuse, and heart problems. Methylphenidate is believed to work by blocking dopamine and norepine ...
ⓘ Ergogenic aids
- Athletic performance - enhancing substances are sometimes referred to as ergogenic aids Cognitive performance - enhancing drugs, commonly called nootropics
- physicians. His clinical interests include nutritional supplements, ergogenic aids in sports, and issues related to depression and mental illness in primary
- activity and exercise more enjoyable, athletes have used music as an ergogenic aid. Most of the studies that have explored the effects of music on performance
- athlete wanted to do well at an elite level it was necessary to use ergogenic aids and asserted drug use was widespread internationally. It was this segment
- Classic competition in 1996. While competing, he used a variety of ergogenic aids including large amounts of potassium - sparing diuretics, possibly leading
- collection centre. Department of bio - mechanics. Department of nutrition and ergogenic aids Department of physiotherapy. Department of Psychology. Department of
- PMID 2965685. Liddle DG, Connor DJ June 2013 Nutritional supplements and ergogenic AIDS Prim. Care. 40 2 487 505. doi: 10.1016 j.pop.2013.02.009. PMID 23668655
- Salomons, Markus Wyss, eds. 2007 Introduction Creatine: Cheap Ergogenic Supplement with Great Potential for Health and Disease Creatine and
- a dietary supplement. As of 2017, HMB has found widespread use as an ergogenic supplement among young athletes. HMB is sold as an over - the - counter dietary
- β - Alanine or beta - alanine is a naturally occurring beta amino acid, which is an amino acid in which the amino group is at the β - position from the carboxylate
- bupropion Liddle DG, Connor DJ June 2013 Nutritional supplements and ergogenic AIDS Prim. Care. 40 2 487 505. doi: 10.1016 j.pop.2013.02.009. PMID 23668655
- Identification of stimulants, narcotics and other substances with potential of ergogenic aids in sports. Characterization of physiochemical properties and analysis