This list contains only complete, printed English-language editions of The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien. It is not for derived or unprinted works such as screenplays, graphic novels, or audio books.
The Nicene Creed, composed in part and adopted at the First Council of Nicaea and revised with additions by the First Council of Constantinople, is a creed that summarizes the orthodox faith of the Christian Church and is used in the liturgy of most Christian Churches. This article endeavors to give the text and context of English-language translations.
Depending on the methods of counting, as many as three hundred versions of the Indian epic poem, the Ramayana, are known to exist. The oldest version is generally recognized to be the Sanskrit version attributed to the sage Narada, the Mula Ramayana. Narada passed on the knowledge to Valmiki, who authored Valmiki Ramayana, the present oldest available version of Ramayana. The Ramayana has spread to many Asian countries outside of India, including Burma, Indonesia, Cambodia, Laos, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Thailand, Malaysia, Japan, Mongolia, Vietnam and China. The original Valmiki ver ...
ⓘ Versions of literary works
- Literary forgery also known as literary mystification, literary fraud or literary hoax is writing, such as a manuscript or a literary work, which is
- the methods of counting, as many as three hundred versions of the Indian epic poem, the Ramayana, are known to exist. The oldest version is generally
- The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works usually known as the Berne Convention, is an international agreement governing
- literary studies also known as literary Darwinism is a branch of literary criticism that studies literature in the context of evolution by means of
- narrative, symbols, images, and character types in literary works As an acknowledged form of literary criticism, it dates back to 1934 when Maud Bodkin
- The Mañana Literary Society was an informal meeting of science fiction writers in Los Angeles, California. Hosted by Robert A. Heinlein and his second
- glossary of literary terms is a list of definitions of terms and concepts used in the discussion, classification, analysis, and criticism of all types of literature
- Literary adaptation is the adapting of a literary source e.g. a novel, short story, poem to another genre or medium, such as a film, stage play, or
- A large amount of literary works have been composed in the Tamil language since the dawn of the Sangam Era in 600 BCE - a time widely considered to be
- of Literary Biography is a specialist biographical dictionary dedicated to literature. Published by Gale, the 375 - volume set covers a wide variety of