The rectangular field of play of American football games measures 100 yards long between the goal lines, and 160 feet wide. In addition, there are end zones extending another 10 yards past the goal lines to the "end lines", for a total length of 120 yards. When the "football field" is used as unit of measurement, it is usually understood to mean 100 yards, although technically the full length of the official field, including the end zones, is 120 yards. White markings on the field identify the distance from the end zone. Inbound lines, or hash marks, are short parallel lines that mark off ...
An arena is an enclosed area, often circular or oval-shaped, designed to showcase theatre, musical performances, or sporting events. It is composed of a large open space surrounded on most or all sides by tiered seating for spectators, and may be covered by a roof. The key feature of an arena is that the event space is the lowest point, allowing maximum visibility. Arenas are usually designed to accommodate a multitude of spectators. The word derives from Latin harena, a particularly fine-grained sand that covered the floor of ancient arenas such as the Colosseum in Rome, Italy, to absorb ...
Originally, bandy was played on naturally frozen ice, mainly on lakes. Teams often had to take time to go out and search for the best ice to use. Soon, ice started to be created on soccer pitches in the wintertime, allowing for a more safe place to play. This may be the reason the outer measurements are the same as for a soccer field. The first artificially frozen bandy field was created in Budapest, Hungary, in 1923. In the 1980s, indoor arenas started to be built, allowing for a longer season. The worlds first indoor bandy arena, the Olimpiyskiy, was built in Moscow for the 1980 Summer O ...
A bullring is an arena where bullfighting is performed. Bullrings are often associated with the Iberian Peninsula, but they can also be found through Iberian America. Bullrings are often historic and culturally significant centres that bear many structural similarities to the Roman amphitheatre.
The hippodrome was an ancient Greek stadium for horse racing and chariot racing. The name is derived from the Greek words hippos and dromos. The term is used in the modern French language and some others, with the meaning of "horse racecourse". Hence, some present-day horse racing tracks also include the word hippodrome in their names, such as the Hippodrome de Vincennes and the Central Moscow Hippodrome.
An ice hockey arena is a sport venue in which an ice hockey competition is held. Alternatively it is used for other sports such as broomball, ringette and rink bandy.
ⓘ Sports venues by type
- sporting venues with a highest attendance of 100, 000 or more List of stadiums by capacity Lists of sports venues Multi - purpose stadium Pitch sports field
- bandshell or bandstand or a concert hall to an indoor sports stadium. Typically, different types of venues host different genres of music. Opera houses, bandshells
- The following is a list of sports venues with sole naming rights: In Australia, the most important distinction regarding outdoor stadiums is the shape
- sports including box lacrosse as well as futsal and indoor soccer, also exist. The term arena is also used loosely to refer to any event or type of
- club boxes for indoor venues In addition to the stadium could be held indoor track and field and cycling outside of all indoor sports competitions, cultural
- place or venue for mostly outdoor sports concerts, or other events and consists of a field or stage either partly or completely surrounded by a tiered
- Iloilo Sports Complex, also known as the Iloilo Sports Center is a multi - use sports complex in La Paz, Iloilo City, Philippines and is the venue of athletic
- of sports venues in Portland, Oregon, specifically the metro area, that are currently in operation or defunct. The city features two major sports franchises
- Various types of sports are played in different districts of Bangladesh.The following locations Absolute location are sporting grounds specially
- Sports in Pennsylvania includes numerous professional sporting teams, events, and venues located in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is home
- Occidental, Philippines. It also hosts a sports complex with a stadium. The park is known as the main venue of the Panaad Festival since its establishment