Health in Qatar has undergone significant improvement in the last several decades as a result of substantial investments in healthcare by the government. Child mortalities have been reduced by over fifty percent since the 1990s. Qatars healthcare spending is among the highest in the Middle East, with.7 billion being invested in healthcare in 2014. The countrys progress in health is hampered by exceedingly high rates of obesity, diabetes and genetic disorders. Currently, health coverage is nationwide. In 2013, the infant mortality rate was 7 per 1.000 live births and life expectancy was 79 ...
Abortion in Qatar is illegal in some circumstances. Under Qatars penal code, a woman who induces her abortion or who consents to an abortion faces up to five years imprisonment. Individuals who perform an unauthorized abortion on a woman may face up to five years imprisonment if she consents, and up to ten years if it is performed without her consent. Historically, abortion was allowed in Qatar society only if the pregnancy was deemed to endanger the mothers life. Qatars penal code ratified this convention in 1971 by legalizing abortion in cases where the mothers life would be saved. Furth ...
ⓘ Health in Qatar
- Health in Qatar has undergone significant improvement in the last several decades as a result of substantial investments in healthcare by the government
- for Health Professions at Qatar DHSHP Q in short is a private international middle and secondary school in Doha, Qatar The school is a work - in - progress
- Abortion in Qatar is illegal in some circumstances. Under Qatar s penal code, a woman who induces her abortion or who consents to an abortion faces up
- Global Health Policy Summit held in London on 1 August 2012. The inaugural WISH Summit was held in Doha in December 2013. WISH is organized by Qatar Foundation
- standards in Qatar are generally high. Qatari citizens are covered by a national health insurance scheme, while expatriates must either receive health insurance
- The political system of Qatar is either an absolute monarchy or a constitutional monarchy, with the Emir of Qatar as head of state and head of government
- Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development Arabic: مؤسسة قطر is a semi - private chartered, non - profit organization in Qatar founded
- Qatar University Arabic: جامعة قطر transliterated: Jami at Qatar is a public research university in Qatar located on the northern outskirts of the
- Women in Qatar Qatar s policies regarding women s rights is restricted due to the male guardianship law. and restrictions influenced by the Wahhabi interpretation
- The education system in Qatar is jointly directed and controlled by the Supreme Education Council SEC and the Ministry of Education MOE at all levels
- of Qatar Arabic: جمعية الكشافة والمرشدات القطرية is the national scouting and guiding organization of Qatar Scouting was founded in Qatar in 1956