As the governing body of basketball, FIBA is responsible for maintaining and implementing the rules that determine whether a basketball player is eligible to represent a particular country in officially recognized international competitions. Any player with legal nationality the country they seek to represent are generally eligible to play for that countrys national team but FIBA provides specific provisions for players who have acquired their legal nationality, dual citizens, and players representing FIBA members which are dependencies of another country.
As the governing body of association football, FIFA is responsible for maintaining and implementing the rules that determine whether an association football player is eligible to represent a particular country in officially recognised international competitions and friendly matches. In the 20th century, FIFA allowed a player to represent any national team, as long as the player held citizenship of that country. In 2004, in reaction to the growing trend towards naturalisation of foreign players in some countries, FIFA implemented a significant new ruling that requires a player to demonstrat ...
ⓘ Sport and nationality
- Peruvian Constitution and nationality legislation passed in 1996 as well as an executive order declared in 1997, Peruvian nationality can be passed by birth
- Yverdon - Sport FC is a Swiss football team from the town of Yverdon - les - Bains. The club plays in a green and white strip, and are in the Swiss 1. Liga Promotion
- British nationality law as it pertains to Hong Kong has been unusual ever since Hong Kong became a British colony in 1842. From its beginning as a sparsely
- nationality Recent season - by - season performance of the club: Key Lausanne - Sports Aviron is the rowing club of Lausanne - Sport Le FC Lausanne - Sport relegue
- one non - FIFA nationality Raul Iturralde Peña Sport - Tercera Division G 15 www.resultados - futbol.com. Retrieved 2020 - 01 - 04. Peña Sport F.C. - Pagina
- under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non - FIFA nationality The template below Football squad start is being considered for
- The Wiener Sport - Club, sometimes abbreviated as WSC, was established in 1883 in Vienna, Austria and is one of the country s oldest athletics clubs. Their
- Sport Boys Association, commonly referred to as Sport Boys or simply Boys, is a Peruvian football club based in the port city of Callao. It was founded
- K. Berchem Sport is a Belgian association football club based in the district of Berchem in the municipality of Antwerp and currently playing in the Belgian
- named Sport Club Ulbra and then Universidade Sport Club. On January 26, 1998, the club was founded by the Lutheran University of Brazil as Sport Club Ulbra
- Koninklijke Football Club Dessel Sport or KFC Dessel Sport is a Belgian association football club based in Dessel in the province of Antwerp. Updated