The 100 Most Influential Books Ever Written: The History of Thought from Ancient Times to Today is a book of intellectual history written by Martin Seymour-Smith, a British poet, critic, and biographer. The list includes books such as the I Ching an ancient Chinese divination text, the Hebrew Bible a version of which serves as the "Old Testament" of the Christian Bible, the Upanishads a collection of ancient Indian philosophical texts, Candide a French satire from the Age of Enlightenment and The World as Will and Representation a book of German philosophy.
This is a list of best-selling fiction authors to date, in any language. While finding precise sales numbers for any given author is nearly impossible, the list is based on approximate numbers provided or repeated by reliable sources. "Best selling" refers to the estimated number of copies sold of all fiction books written or co-written by an author. To keep the list manageable, only authors with estimated sales of at least 100 million are included. Authors of comic books are not included unless they have been published in book format. Authors such as Miguel de Cervantes, Alexandre Dumas, ...
This page provides lists of best-selling individual books and book series to date and in any language. "Best selling" refers to the estimated number of copies sold of each book, rather than the number of books printed or currently owned. Comics and textbooks are not included in this list. The books are listed according to the highest sales estimate as reported in reliable, independent sources. This list is incomplete because there are many books, such as The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, or A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, that are commonly cited as "best-selling books" ye ...
This page provides lists of best-selling comic book series to date. It includes Japanese manga, American comic books, and European comics. The series are listed according to the highest sales estimates as reported in reliable sources. This list includes comic books that have sold least 100 million copies. There are three separate lists, for three different comic book publication formats: collected comic book volumes, periodical single-issue floppy comics, and comic magazines. They are separated because the sales figures of these publication formats are not directly comparable.
The following is a list of the best-selling Japanese manga series to date, in terms of the number of collected tankōbon volumes sold. This list is limited to Japanese manga and does not include manhwa, manhua or original English-language manga. The series are listed according to the highest sales estimate of their collected tankōbon volumes as reported in reliable sources. Series currently running are highlighted in green, and all series are listed by their official English titles when available. Sources that provide the number of copies a series has in circulation/print, rather than actua ...
This is a list of lists of bestselling novels in the United States as determined by Publishers Weekly. The list features the most popular novels of each year from 1895 through 2010. The standards set for inclusion in the lists - which, for example, led to the exclusion of the novels in the Harry Potter series from the lists for the 1990s and 2000s - are currently unknown. For many years, the list was maintained by Alice Payne Hackett, who also published a decennial series which summarized and commented on the best sellers of the previous decade. Her Seventy Years of Bestsellers 1895-1965 w ...
ⓘ Literature records
- writings constitute literature Some recorded materials, such as compilations of data e.g., a check register are not considered literature and this article
- Indian literature refers to the literature produced on the Indian subcontinent until 1947 and in the Republic of India thereafter. The Republic of India
- Korean literature is the body of literature produced by Koreans, mostly in the Korean language and sometimes in Classical Chinese. For much of Korea s
- Sumerian literature constitutes the earliest known corpus of recorded literature including the religious writings and other traditional stories maintained
- Vietnamese literature Vietnamese: Viet - nam van - hoc or Van hoc Viet Nam is the literature both oral and written, created largely by Vietnamese - speaking
- British literature is literature from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands. This article
- The traditions of indigenous Mesoamerican literature extend back to the oldest - attested forms of early writing in the Mesoamerican region, which date from
- Canadian literature has been created in Canadian English, Canadian French, and Canadian Gaelic, and more recently by First Nations and immigrants of other
- The history of Chinese literature extends thousands of years, from the earliest recorded dynastic court archives to the mature vernacular fiction novels
- periods before being written down. Literature in all its forms can be seen as written records whether the literature itself be factual or fictional, it