21 Hours at Munich is a 1976 American television film directed by William A. Graham and starring William Holden. It is based on the book The Blood of Israel by Serge Groussard and it deals with real events concerning the Munich massacre during the 1972 Summer Olympics. It was broadcast by ABC November 7, 1976. Despite its TV origin, the film was released theatrically in several foreign countries.
Luttif Afif, alias Issa, was the commander of the group of Palestinian fedayeen, who led the invasion into the Munich Olympic Village on 5 September 1972 and took as hostage nine members of Israels Olympic team after killing two members who resisted. He was the chief negotiator on behalf of the Palestinians, who were members of the Black September offshoot of Yassir Arafats Palestine Liberation Organization. The various pictures of Afif, wearing a white beach hat and a linen safari suit and his face covered with charcoal or shoe polish are some of the iconic images of the 1972 Munich Olympics.
Dan Alon was an Israeli fencer. He competed in the individual foil event at the 1972 Summer Olympics, at the age of 27. He was placed fourth in round one with three wins and two losses and advanced to round two. There, he placed fifth with two wins and three losses, and was eliminated. He was among six Israeli team members who avoided being captured by terrorists in the Munich massacre. He and four teammates were in apartment 2 of the building at ConnollystraSe 31, and while the terrorists captured the Israeli residents in nearby apartments 1 and 3, they passed by this apartment, presumabl ...
David Berger National Memorial honors the memory of David Mark Berger, a 28-year-old U.S born Israeli weightlifter who was one of 11 Israeli athletes killed by Palestinian terrorists in the Munich massacre at the 1972 Summer Olympics. The memorial is dedicated to his memory and to the memory of the ten other athletes who were killed. The black steel sculpture, a design of broken Olympic rings, is meant to symbolize the interruption of the Munich games by the tragic events, and the eleven segments on which the rings rest represent each athlete whose life was taken. The sculpture was fabrica ...
The street was named in 1971 after James Brendan Connolly, the first Olympic champion of the modern era 1896. It leads from the Helene-Mayer-Ring to the Kusocinskidamm to StraSbergerstraSe. The road is accessible on the surface for pedestrians and cyclists, underground for motorists. Access is via the Lerchenauer StraSe. The sculpture "Olympic Rings" from 1972 by Ruth Kiener flame, with the new version from 2000 by Peter Schwenk, is found here. In ConnollystraSe 20, is the "Theater Unterwegs". ConnollystraSe 31 was the apartment of the, later taken hostage, Israeli Olympic team. Following ...
Amin al-Hindi was an intelligence chief of the Palestinian Authority. Hindi was a leader of the Black September movement and was suspected of involvement in the Munich massacre at the 1972 Summer Olympics that resulted in the deaths of 11 Israeli athletes and coaches. Hindi was born in Gaza in 1940 and was actively involved with Yasir Arafat in the Fatah movement that Arafat created in the 1950s. In its obituary, The New York Times described Hindi as being "widely suspected of having played an organizing role" in the Black September attack in Munich that led to the deaths of 11 athletes an ...
ⓘ Munich massacre
- The Munich massacre was an attack during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich West Germany, in which the Palestinian terrorist group Black September took
- the Palestine Liberation Organization after the Munich massacre at the 1972 Summer Olympics. Munich received five Oscar nominations: Best Picture, Best
- Munich 72 and Beyond 2016 retrieved 2017 - 08 - 14 Zaccardi, Nick 1 December 2015 Munich 1972 Olympic attack victims families detail massacre in
- held in Munich West Germany, from 26 August to 11 September 1972. The sporting nature of the event was largely overshadowed by the Munich massacre in the
- for the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich Germany and was used to house the athletes during the games. The Munich massacre took place in one of its apartment
- Games were largely overshadowed by what has come to be known as the Munich massacre On September 5 a group of eight Palestinian terrorists belonging to
- Israel by Serge Groussard and it deals with real events concerning the Munich massacre during the 1972 Summer Olympics. It was broadcast by ABC November 7
- Munich 2005 Black September Organization Munich massacre Palestine Liberation Organization Klein, Aaron J. 2005 Striking back : the 1972 Munich
- in response to the Munich Massacre The documentary includes interviews with many of the agents involved in the operation. Munich Mossad s Revenge was