Teenage pregnancy, also known as adolescent pregnancy, is pregnancy in a female under the age of 20. Pregnancy can occur with sexual intercourse after the start of ovulation, which can be before the first menstrual period but usually occurs after the onset of periods. In well-nourished females, the first period usually takes place around the age of 12 or 13. Pregnant teenagers face many of the same pregnancy related issues as other women. There are additional concerns for those under the age of 15 as they are less likely to be physically developed to sustain a healthy pregnancy or to give ...
Teenage pregnancy is a girl between the ages of 13 and 19 becoming pregnant. The term used in every day speech usually refers to girls who have not yet reached legal adulthood, which in Australia is anyone under the age of 18. At the national level, the teenage birth rate has declined in the last decade. The rate was about 16 babies per 1.000 women aged 15–19 years between 2011 and 2012 but this had fallen to 11.9 births per 1.000 women aged 15-19 in 2015, the lowest figure on record. Terminations can be performed up until the 12-week mark. About half of all teenage pregnancies are termina ...
Demetress Carte Bell is a former American football offensive tackle. After playing college football for Northwestern State, he was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the seventh round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played for the Bills for four seasons and one season in Philadelphia. Impressively, Bell made the NFL and played for half a decade without ever having played a down of high school football, or went to college with the intent of playing football. He is the son of former basketball star Karl Malone.
The Candies Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to prevent teenage pregnancy through advertising campaigns. The foundation develops and runs advertising campaigns to raise awareness about, and motivate teens to prevent, teen pregnancy through abstinence. Fox News reports that the foundation "advocates for abstinence to prevent unwanted pregnancies". After facing public criticism over financial and advertising decisions, the Candies Foundation rebranded as TheNext.Org in May 2016.
Pregnancy school is a type of school in the United States exclusively for pregnant girls. New York City, among other cities and states, opened a series of these schools in the 1960s and moved pregnant girls out of their regular high schools into these special schools. As of May 2007, the city is planning on shutting these schools down due to a history of low test scores and poor attendance. Pregnancy schools also exist in places such as Chicago, Los Angeles, and Florida, although attendance has been declining in all of them.
The rate of teenage pregnancy in the United Kingdom is relatively high, when compared with other developed countries; the only other Western countries with higher teenage pregnancy rates are the United States and New Zealand. The rate of teenage pregnancy is higher in more economically deprived areas. A report in 2002 found that around half of all conceptions to under-18s were concentrated among the 30% most deprived population, with only 14% occurring among the 30% least deprived. The number of resultant births is presently at the lowest rate since the mid-1950s. Also found was that the m ...
ⓘ Teenage pregnancy
- Teenage pregnancy also known as adolescent pregnancy is pregnancy in a female under the age of 20. Pregnancy can occur with sexual intercourse after
- The rate of teenage pregnancy in the United Kingdom is relatively high, when compared with other developed countries the only other Western countries
- Industrialized and developing countries have distinctly different rates of teenage pregnancy In developed regions, such as United States, Canada, Western Europe
- Teenage pregnancy in the United States refers to females under the age of 20 who become pregnant. 89 of these births take place out - of - wedlock. In the
- Teenage pregnancy is a girl between the ages of 13 and 19 becoming pregnant. The term used in every day speech usually refers to girls who have not yet
- Teenage pregnancy in Korea carries a lot of stigma resulting in many abortions and adoptions. Very few pregnant teens keep the child because, along with
- directed by Jerry Gross and starring Arlene Sue Farber. It is about teenage pregnancy hygiene and a graphic actualization of birth. It was billed as The
- marriage. Many factors contribute to teenage marriage such as love, teenage pregnancy religion, security, wealth, family, peer pressure, arranged marriage
- Teenage Father is a 1978 American short film directed by Taylor Hackford and starring Timothy Wead. In 1979, it won an Oscar for Best Short Subject at
- Pregnancy is a potential result of rape. It has been studied in the context of war, particularly as a tool for genocide, as well as other unrelated contexts