51 Dons is a 2014 documentary film directed by Ron Luscinski and written by Luscinski, Tom Davis and Danny Llewelyn. Narrated by Johnny Mathis, it covers the 1951 San Francisco Dons football team and its unique stand against racism. The team, including future NFL players and Pro Football Hall of Fame inductees Bob St. Clair and Gino Marchetti, declined an invitation to play in the Orange Bowl that would have required them to leave their African-American players Ollie Matson and Burl Toler home. This act was one of the contributing factors that led to the end of organized football at the Un ...
A Celebration of Horses: The American Saddlebred was a half-hour television special about the American Saddlebred horse breed. As a pilot episode, it was scheduled for four national releases from November 1993 to October 1995 on the Public Broadcasting Service in the United States on 56 regional affiliates, and was also broadcast into Canada. The program starred actor and horse enthusiast William Shatner. Most of the segments were taped on location with Shatner at his Belle Reve Farm, and at the Lexington Junior League Horse Show in Lexington, Kentucky.
Ballplayer: Pelotero is a documentary film focusing on two Dominican Republic Major League Baseball prospects in 2009, Miguel Angel Sano and Jean Carlos Batista, nicknamed Bati. The film follows Sano through his controversial signing period in 2009. The film is directed by Jonathan Paley, Ross Finkel and Trevor Martin, narrated by John Leguizamo, and produced by Bobby Valentine. It premiered at the Hamptons International Film Festival in 2011 and had a theatrical release in theaters in New York, Los Angeles and Minneapolis in July 2012. The film was screened from July 13–19 in Minneapolis ...
Basketball: A Love Story is a 2018 sports documentary film series directed by Dan Klores and distributed by ESPN Films. The 20-hour series features 62 "short stories" distributed across 10 episodes, with each story varying from five to more than 30 minutes in length and exploring various topics from all aspects of the sport of basketball, including the NBA, ABA, WNBA, college basketball, and the international game, as well as a broad variety of social and cultural issues related to or influenced by the sport. All 62 shorts were originally made available online via the ESPN App on September ...
A Football Life is a documentary series of 116 episodes, developed by NFL Films and aired on NFL Network that documents the lives of select National Football League players, coaches, owners, and teams. Friends, teammates, family members and other players and coaches associated with the subjects are interviewed.
Gears and Tears follows the story behind a BriSCA Formula One Stock Car Racing season, particularly a bitter battle between two dominant clans in the sport: the Wainmans from Yorkshire and the Smiths from Lancashire. Although the Wainmans and the Smiths are the central characters, other drivers who appear in the series include Nuneaton-based father and son Rob and Chris Cowley race number 73 and 37 respectively, and Leicestershire double glazing company manager Paul Hines race number 259.
ⓘ Documentaries about sports
- boundaries Documentary films were originally called actuality films, and were one minute, or less, in length. Over time, documentaries have evolved
- animated documentary is a genre of film which combines animation and documentary This genre should not be confused with documentaries about movie and
- Sports Century is an ESPN biography program that reviews the people and athletic events that defined sports in North America throughout the 20th and 21st
- Note: This category is for films about sports in general or films about athletes participating in multiple sports This category is not for films featuring
- Academy Award for Documentary Feature is an award for documentary films. In 1941, the first awards for feature - length documentaries were bestowed as Special
- originally titled The Rebound: A Wheelchair Basketball Story is a 2016 documentary sports film directed by Shaina Koren Allen, starring adaptive athletes Mario
- The Sports Journalists Association SJA is an association for British sports journalists. It represents the British sports media on the British Olympic
- the NBC Sports Group facility in Stamford. NBC Sports Group formed NBC Sports Films in 2015 for long form sports documentaries for the sports group s
- won the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature. While investigating the furtive world of illegal doping in sports Bryan Fogel connects with Russian