Several studies exist as to how Deaf children are portrayed in childrens literature. Historically childrens books have generally conformed to the prevailing cultural view of Deaf people, this has often resulted in books which portray those characters who happen to be Deaf as in need of saving or to be pitted. In modern times there has been an improved attitude towards d/Deaf people and this has led to better representation in literature. The UK childrens BookTrust charity have issued advise for writers, illustrators and publishers on naturally including Deaf and disabled characters in chil ...
Victorian College for the Deaf Furlong Park school for Deaf Children Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children
A disability-rights activist or disability-rights advocate is someone who works towards the equality of people with disabilities. Such a person is generally considered a member of the disability-rights movement and/or the independent-living movement.
Slovenian Disability Rights Association Spastic Society of Gurgaon 2007 - Indian Organization providing care to persons with cerebral palsy, mental retardation, autism, multiple disabilities Scope Special Hockey International United Cerebral Palsy Special Olympics TASH organization Sightsavers India Blind NGO United Spinal Association, formerly the Eastern Paralyzed Veterans Association YAI, The National Institute For People With Disabilities Network previously known as Young Adult Institute Tourette Association of America - A national organization dedicated to the support of people living ...
A list of notable guide dog schools worldwide. Guide dogs are assistance dogs trained to lead blind and visually impaired people around obstacles. In the United States, the name "seeing eye dog" is only used in reference to a guide dog from The Seeing Eye in Morristown, New Jersey, which has trademarked the term. Guide Dog schools are accredited by the International Guide Dog Federation.
The King Salman Award for Disability Research is an internationally recognized prize that is awarded to notable individuals who contributed to knowledge and scientific research in the field of disability. The prize was established by King Salman Center for Disability Research.
ⓘ Disability-related lists
- A disability is any condition that makes it more difficult for a person to do certain activities or interact with the world around them. These conditions
- journals in the field of disability studies. Disability Society Disability Studies Quarterly Disability and Rehabilitation Disability and Rehabilitation:
- A disability - rights activist or disability - rights advocate is someone who works towards the equality of people with disabilities Such a person is generally
- This is a list of disability organizations, including advocacy groups and charities that provide services to people with disabilities American Association
- names used as insults List of religious slurs List of LGBT - related slurs List of disability - related terms with negative connotations Insult List of regional
- to describe disabilities or people with disabilities that may be considered negative and or offensive by people with or without disabilities There is a
- A physical disability is a limitation on a person s physical functioning, mobility, dexterity or stamina. Other physical disabilities include impairments
- Disability studies is an academic discipline that examines the meaning, nature, and consequences of disability Initially, the field focused on the division
- Social Security Disability Insurance SSD or SSDI is a payroll tax - funded federal insurance program of the United States government. It is managed by
- media The disability rights movement is a global social movement to secure equal opportunities and equal rights for all people with disabilities It is made