The Millennium Development Goals were eight international development goals for the year 2015 that had been established following the Millennium Summit of the United Nations in 2000, following the adoption of the United Nations Millennium Declaration. The Sustainable Development Goals succeeded the MDGs in 2016. All 191 United Nations member states, and at least 22 international organizations, committed to help achieve the following Millennium Development Goals by 2015: To combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases To eradicate extreme poverty and hunger To promote gender equality and em ...
2015 was designated the European Year for Development by the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union in Decision No 472/2014/EU. In 2015 the Millennium Development Goals MDGs came to an end and the process of defining an international development agenda to replace them culminated with the adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which includes a set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals. The United Nations Climate Change Conference COP21, which aims to achieve a global agreement on climate action, will also be held at the end of 2015. In this context 2015 wa ...
Gapminder Foundation is a non-profit venture registered in Stockholm, Sweden, that promotes sustainable global development and achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals by increased use and understanding of statistics and other information about social, economic and environmental development at local, national and global levels. Gapminder was founded in 2005 by Ola Rosling, Anna Rosling Ronnlund and Hans Rosling.
The Millennium Development Goals Achievement Fund was an international cooperation mechanism committed to eradicating poverty and inequality and to accelerating progress towards the Millennium Development Goals worldwide. Its aim was to improve livelihoods and to influence public policy, which made it responsive to the needs of the poorest populations. Established in 2007 through an agreement between the Government of Spain and the United Nations Development Programme on behalf of the UN system, the MDG-F operated in 50 countries, working through more than 27 United Nations agencies in col ...
The Millennium Villages Project is/was a demonstration project of the Earth Institute at Columbia University, the United Nations Development Programme, and Millennium Promise aimed at proving that its integrated approach to rural development can be used to achieve the Millennium Development Goals - eight globally endorsed targets that address the problems of poverty, health, gender equality, and disease - by 2015. Even though the website of the Millennium Village Project is still active, the project ended with final evaluation in 2015 because it was initially scaled to progress for a decad ...
The Oslo Commitments were five international-scope goals agreed upon on May 12, 2010 by the Government of Norway and the UNDP, at a meeting in Geneva, Swizterland. The Commitments were concluded with less than five years to achieve the Millennium Development Goals MDGs. The conference brought together government representatives, international organizations, and civil society organizations to accelerate global efforts against armed violence. While reaffirming the Geneva Declaration on Armed Violence and Development, the participants agreed to the following commitments: To strengthen interna ...
Sports for Sharing is a civic education program that uses sports and games to form better citizens from childhood. Based on the idea of learning through play and the United Nations Millennium Development Goals, Sports for Sharing aims to teach children empathy, social awareness and how they can be empowered to create positive change in the world. As a Washington, D.C based nonprofit, Sports for Sharing currently operates in 5 D.C. elementary schools.
Stand Up and Take Action is the name of an annual global mobilization coordinated by the United Nations Millennium Campaign and the Global Call to Action against Poverty.
The United Nations Association of South Africa University of Cape Town is an official chapter of the United Nations Association of South Africa and affiliated to the World Federation of United Nations Associations. UNASA UCT is a registered political society at the University of Cape Town. The aim of the society is to work in collaboration with various stakeholders in South Africa to promote and support the goals, vision and principles of the UN and its agencies.
The Millennium Project was an initiative that focused on detailing the organizational means, operational priorities, and financing structures necessary to achieve the Millennium Development Goals or. The goals are aimed at the reduction of poverty, hunger, disease, illiteracy, environmental degradation, and discrimination against women. At the United Nations Millennium Summit in September 2000 world leaders had initiated the development of the MDGs and had set a completion date for the project of June 2005. In order to support the MDGs, UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan and Administrator of ...
ⓘ Millennium Development Goals
- Millennium Development Goals MDGs were eight international development goals for the year 2015 that had been established following the Millennium Summit
- and financing structures necessary to achieve the Millennium Development Goals or MDGs The goals are aimed at the reduction of poverty, hunger, disease
- levels by 2015 Accomplishing this goal could assist in the achievement of 5 of the other 8 Millennium Development Goals Goals 1 6 are in direct correlation
- and Millennium Promise aimed at proving that its integrated approach to rural development can be used to achieve the Millennium Development Goals - eight
- three - day Millennium Summit of world leaders gathered in New York at the headquarters of the United Nations, the UN General Assembly adopted some 60 goals regarding
- The Sustainable Development Goals SDGs are a collection of 17 global goals designed to be a blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future
- progress is outlined in the Millennium Development Goals Also known as the MDGs, these goals were derived from the Millennium Declaration. This summit was
- objectives such as the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation and the Millennium Development Goals of the United Nations Environment Programme. The seed bank at
- increase support to achieve the Millennium Development Goals and seek a coalition of partners for action. The Millennium Campaign targets intergovernmental