Health in Saudi Arabia refers to the overall health of the population of Saudi Arabia. Government prioritization of preventive healthcare and environmental health began in 1925 following the establishment a public health department. The decision to create it came after a royal decree from King Abdul Aziz Al-Saud. The government announced plans to increase taxes on soft drinks and tobacco in December 2015.
Abortion in Saudi Arabia is generally illegal with only a very narrow exception. An abortion is only legal if the abortion will save the womans life or if the pregnancy gravely endangers the womans physical or mental health. The fetus must be less than four months old, and if longer, requires a panel of approved specialists to declare that the pregnancy will result in the death of the woman. Any approved abortion requires consent from three physicians as well as the patient and her husband or guardian. If an abortion is performed on a woman for any other reason, the violator may be require ...
MERS coronavirus EMC/2012, or MERS coronavirus Erasmus Medical Center/2012 is the name of a strain of coronavirus isolated from the sputum of the first person to become infected with what was later named Middle East respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus, or MERS-CoV.
Middle East respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus, or EMC/2012, is a species of coronavirus which infects humans, bats, and camels. The infecting virus is an enveloped, positive-sense, single-stranded RNA virus which enters its host cell by binding to the DPP4 receptor. The species is a member of the genus Betacoronavirus and subgenus Merbecovirus. Initially called 2012 novel coronavirus 2012-nCoV or simply novel coronavirus nCoV, it was first reported in 2012 after genome sequencing of a virus isolated from sputum samples from a person who fell ill in a 2012 outbreak of a new flu. As o ...
The Ministry of Health, sometimes abbreviated to MOH, is the ministry responsible for the health of the citizens of Saudi Arabia. The current minister is Dr. Tawfig AlRabiah and has held the position since May 2016. The Ministers responsibilities is to manage healthcare for the citizens of Saudi Arabia. This involves the strategy for public health in the country, while also managing crucial health infrastructure. The Ministrys origins can be traced by to 1925, when a number of regional health departments were established, with the first in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. As the country grew economic ...
Obesity in Saudi Arabia is a growing health concern, with health officials stating that it is one of the leading causes of preventable deaths in Saudi Arabia. According to Forbes, Saudi Arabia ranks 29 on a 2007 list of the fattest countries with a percentage of 68.3% of its citizens being overweight. Compounding the problem, according to a presentation at the 3rd International Obesity Conference in February 2014, is that obesity-related surgeries are not covered under Saudi healthcare.
ⓘ Health in Saudi Arabia
- Health in Saudi Arabia refers to the overall health of the population of Saudi Arabia Government prioritization of preventive healthcare and environmental
- Health care in Saudi Arabia is a national health care system in which the government provides health care services through a number of government agencies
- Ministry of Health Arabic: وزارة الصحة is the ministry responsible for the health of the citizens of Saudi Arabia The current minister is Dr. Tawfiq
- Saudi Arabia Ha il Health care in Saudi Arabia Health in Saudi Arabia Highway 40 Saudi Arabia Highway 65 Saudi Arabia Highway 613 Saudi Arabia
- in Saudi Arabia is a growing health concern, with health officials stating that it is one of the leading causes of preventable deaths in Saudi Arabia
- Algeria Saudi Arabia relations refer to diplomatic and economic relations between the People s Democratic Republic of Algeria and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Both
- Saudi Arabia officially the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is a country in Western Asia constituting the bulk of the Arabian Peninsula. With a land area of
- India Saudi Arabia relations or Indo - Saudi relations are the bilateral relationship between the Republic of India and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Relations
- Pakistanis in Saudi Arabia are either Pakistani people who live in Saudi Arabia even though having been born outside Saudi Arabia or are Saudi Arabian - born
- Human rights in Saudi Arabia describes the subject of protection or violation of human rights by the Saudi government. The Saudi government, which enforces
- The politics of Saudi Arabia takes place in the context of a totalitarian absolute monarchy with Islamist lines, where the King is both the head of state