The Foster Hewitt Award for Excellence in Sports Broadcasting was presented annually by ACTRA, the Canadian association of actors and broadcasters, to honour outstanding work by Canadian television and radio sportscasters. The award was named after legendary Canadian sportscaster Foster Hewitt. Winners of the award included Bill Good, Sr. 1975, Bernie Pascall 4-time winner, Johnny Esaw, Steve Armitage 1982, George Retzlaff, Sue Prestedge 1984, Ernie Nairn 1986 and Brian Williams. Prestedge was the only woman ever to win the award. First presented in 1972, ACTRA discontinued the Foster Hewi ...
The Curt Gowdy Media Award is an annual award given by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame to outstanding basketball writers and broadcasters. It is named for American sportscaster Curt Gowdy, who was the Hall of Fames president for seven years.
The Dick Schaap Award for Outstanding Journalism was established in 2002 to honor the memory of one of Americas pre-eminent sports writers, Dick Schaap. The award is presented by the Nassau County Sports Commission and is given out to the journalist, in any medium, who best exemplifies the principles and talents of Dick Schaap during the past year. The award recipient is determined by confidential balloting of the Dick Schaap Selection Committee, which is composed of respected members of the media, and chaired by Dicks son, ESPN reporter Jeremy Schaap. Although the recipient need not be a ...
The Ford C. Frick Award is presented annually by the National Baseball Hall of Fame in the United States to a broadcaster for "major contributions to baseball". It is named for Ford C. Frick, former Commissioner of Major League Baseball. Before his career as an executive, Frick was a baseball writer; he gained fame as the ghostwriter for Babe Ruth in the 1920s. The award was created in 1978, and named in tribute to Frick following his death that year. Though they are sometimes erroneously referred to as "Hall of Famers", honorees are not inducted into the Hall of Fame. Honorees if living g ...
The Foster Hewitt Memorial Award is an award named after Foster Hewitt and presented by the Hockey Hall of Fame to members of the radio and television industry who make outstanding contributions to their profession and the game of ice hockey during their broadcasting career. The award winners are selected by the NHL Broadcasters Association.
The Pete Rozelle Radio-Television Award, created in 1989 and named for the late longtime NFL commissioner, Pete Rozelle, is bestowed annually by the Pro Football Hall of Fame "for longtime exceptional contributions to radio and television in professional football". In contrast to similar awards given by the other American professional sports leagues, the Rozelle Award has occasionally been granted to broadcast executives and production people in addition to on-air personalities.
The Sports Emmy Awards are presented by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences in recognition of excellence in American sports television programming, including sports-related series, live coverage of sporting events, and best sports announcers. The awards ceremony, presenting Emmys from the previous calendar year, is usually held on a Spring Monday night, sometime in the last two weeks in April or the first week in May. The Sports Emmy Awards are all given away at one ceremony, unlike the Primetime Emmy Awards and the Daytime Emmy Awards, which hold a "Creative Arts" ceremon ...
The Tom Borrelli Award is presented by the National Lacrosse League to the leagues "Media Person of the Year". The award was originally awarded to the Writer of the Year, but "was changed to Media Person of the Year in 2011 to allow for a wider range of media members to be considered for the award, including broadcasters." The award is named for Tom Borrelli 1957–2008, a writer for The Buffalo News who covered the Buffalo Bandits from the teams inception in 1992 to his death in 2008. He was inducted into the National Lacrosse League Hall of Fame in 2007. The award was created at the end of ...
ⓘ Sportscasting awards
- in May. The Sports Emmy Awards are all given away at one ceremony, unlike the Primetime Emmy Awards and the Daytime Emmy Awards which hold a Creative
- School. He won four Golden Mike Awards two Associated Press Sportscasting Awards and the 2008 Radio Play - by - Play Award from the Southern California Broadcasters
- football In contrast to similar awards given by the other American professional sports leagues, the Rozelle Award has occasionally been granted to broadcast
- The Gemini Awards were awards given by the Academy of Canadian Cinema Television to recognize the achievements of Canada s television industry. The Gemini
- Association best play - by - play sportscast 1996 Hod Humiston Award of Excellence in Kansas Sportscasting 2007 awarded the John Sanders Spirit of the
- of Arts degree in communications to pursue a career in professional sportscasting Wragge became sports reporter for WMUR - TV in Manchester, New Hampshire
- at Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts where he won several sportscasting awards He enjoyed internships at MLB Productions working on This Week in
- Mercer also wrote, Play - by - Play: Tales from a Sportscasting Insider, about his experiences in sportscasting He enjoyed a stint as a sports anchor at KVIL
- completed his education at Mohawk Valley Community College, then began his sportscasting career in Syracuse, calling Syracuse Chiefs minor - league baseball and