In tennis, there are a variety of types of shots which can be categorized in various ways. The grip you place on will help you have different types of shots, the lower your grip means that the ball is most likely going to be a ground stroke. According to William T. Tilden, "All tennis strokes, should be made with the body at right angles to the net, with the shoulders lined up parallel to the line of flight of the ball." The serve is the opening shot of a point. Groundstrokes are hit after the ball has already bounced, and can be either forehands or backhands depending on which direction t ...
The backhand is a tennis shot in which one swings the racquet around ones body with the back of the hand preceding the palm. Except in the phrase backhand volley, the term refers to a groundstroke. It contrasts with the other kind of groundstroke, the forehand. The term is also used in other racquet sports, and other areas where a similar motion is employed. The backhand is usually performed from the baseline or as an approach shot. For a right-handed player, a backhand begins with the racquet on the left side of the body, continues across the body as contact is made with the ball, and end ...
In racquet sports and golf, backspin, is a shot such that the ball rotates backwards after it is hit. This direction of spin imparts an upward force that lifts the ball. While a normal hit bounces well forward as well as up, backspin shots bounce higher and less forward. Backspin is the opposite of topspin. In racket sports, the higher bounce imparted by backspin may make a receiver who has prepared for a different shot miss or mis-hit the ball when swinging. A backspin shot is also useful for defensive shots because a backspin shot takes longer to travel to the opponent, giving the defend ...
A good drop shot will go just over the net, landing close to the net. If the shot is played fast enough, it will supposedly not allow the opponent to hit it back. They also should be able to, if the opponent hits it, it will give you the mid and back-court space to exploit.
A flat shot in tennis is made by striking the ball at a neutral level. Unlike the backspin and topspin the ball is hit with a swipe at neutral level. This effect is created by driving through the ball to push it forward rather than brushing up or down the back creating spin. The shot is commonly used for power and helps quicken the pace on the ball during play.
The forehand in tennis and other racket sports such as table tennis, squash and badminton is a shot made by swinging the racket across ones body with the hand moving palm-first. In tennis, except in the context of the phrase forehand volley, the term refers to a type of groundstroke - a stroke in which the ball has bounced before it is struck. It contrasts with the backhand, the other type of groundstroke. For a right-handed player, the forehand is a stroke that begins on the right side of the body, continues across the body as contact is made with the ball, and ends on the left side of th ...
ⓘ Tennis shots
- In tennis there are a variety of types of shots ways of hitting the ball which can be categorized in various ways. The grip you place on will help
- Everybody s Tennis Hot Shots Tennis in North America is a sports video game developed by Clap Hanz and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is
- The tweener or between - the - legs shot is a difficult tennis shot where a player hits the ball between his or her legs. It is typically performed facing
- A smash in tennis is a shot that is hit above the hitter s head with a serve - like motion. It is also referred to as an overhead. A smash can usually be
- passing shot is a forceful shot as in tennis or team handball, that travels to one side out of the reach of one s opponent. In tennis this shot is generally
- spin. The shot is commonly used for power and helps quicken the pace on the ball during play. Flat shots have many applications in tennis particularly
- for a different shot miss or mis - hit the ball when swinging. A backspin shot is also useful for defensive shots because a backspin shot takes longer to
- Tennis portal A volley in tennis is a shot in which the ball is struck before it bounces on the ground. Generally a player hits a volley while standing
- A serve or, more formally, a service in tennis is a shot to start a point. A player will hit the ball with a racquet so it will fall into the diagonally
- Tennis portal A lob in tennis also called Great Horse, in Italian Cavallone is hitting the ball high and deep into the opponent s court. It can be used