Difference is a key concept of philosophy, denoting the process or set of properties by which one entity is distinguished from another within a relational field or a given conceptual system. In the Western philosophical system, difference is traditionally viewed as being opposed to identity, following the Principles of Leibniz, and in particular, his Law of the identity of indiscernibles. In structuralist and poststructuralist accounts, however, difference is understood to be constitutive of both meaning and identity. In other words, because identity is viewed in non-essentialist terms as ...
Non-difference is the nearest English translation of the Sanskrit word abheda, meaning non-existence of difference. In Vedanta philosophy this word plays a vital role in explaining the indicatory mark in respect of the unity of the individual self with the Infinite or Brahman.
- Difference or differences may refer to: Difference album a 2005 power metal album by Dreamtale Difference in Me a song by Westlife from the album
- finite difference is a mathematical expression of the form f x b f x a If a finite difference is divided by b a, one gets a difference quotient
- A difference engine, first created by Charles Babbage, is an automatic mechanical calculator designed to tabulate polynomial functions. Its name is derived
- Difference in differences DID or DD is a statistical technique used in econometrics and quantitative research in the social sciences that attempts to
- In mathematics, the symmetric difference also known as the disjunctive union, of two sets is the set of elements which are in either of the sets and not
- The mean absolute difference univariate is a measure of statistical dispersion equal to the average absolute difference of two independent values drawn
- In finance, a contract for difference CFD is a contract between two parties, typically described as buyer and seller stipulating that the buyer
- Difference is a key concept of philosophy, denoting the process or set of properties by which one entity is distinguished from another within a relational
- Difference and Repetition French: Difference et Repetition is a 1968 book by the French philosopher Gilles Deleuze. Originally published in France
- analysis, finite - difference methods FDM are discretizations used for solving differential equations by approximating them with difference equations that
- Difference feminism holds that there are differences between men and women but that no value judgment can be placed upon them and both genders have equal