Bulgaria had the third highest mortality in Europe, at 708 per 100.000 population in 2015. The four European regions with the highest death rates from diseases of the circulatory system were all in Bulgaria. In the early 2000s, the major natural causes of death were cardiovascular disease, cancer, and respiratory illness. Bulgaria has had a very low incidence rate of human immunodeficiency virus. Although in 2003 the estimated rate of incidence was less than 0.1 percent of the population, in the early 2000s the number of new case reports increased annually. In 2005 some 86 new cases were r ...
Abortion in Bulgaria has been legal on request within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy since 1 February 1990. Between 12 and 20 weeks, abortion is only permitted for women who suffer from certain diseases that may endanger her life or that of the child, and after 20 weeks abortion is only permitted if the womans life is in danger or the fetus is severely genetically harmed. Abortions were legalized by a decree of the Ministry of Public Health on 27 April 1956, providing for abortions for all pregnancies within the first twelve weeks on any grounds, and only on therapeutic grounds thereafter ...
Sofias Last Ambulance is a feature-length observational documentary film by Bulgarian director Ilian Metev. The film premiered at the 51st Semaine de la Critique at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, where it won the inaugural France 4 Visionary Award. It was the second documentary ever to compete in the sections 51-year history.
ⓘ Health in Bulgaria
- Bulgaria had the third highest mortality in Europe, at 708 per 100, 000 population in 2015. The four European regions with the highest death rates from
- Education in Bulgaria List of schools in Bulgaria List of universities in Bulgaria Health in Bulgaria Bulgaria portal European Union portal Bulgaria All pages
- Abortion in Bulgaria has been legal on request within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy since 1 February 1990. Between 12 and 20 weeks, abortion is only
- Bulgaria bʌlˈɡɛəriə, bʊl - listen Bulgarian България, romanized: Balgariya officially the Republic of Bulgaria Bulgarian Република България
- ethnicity, education level, health of the populace, economic status, religious affiliations and other aspects of the population. Bulgaria has a very high Human
- Bulgarian - Romanian relations are foreign relations between Bulgaria and Romania. Bulgaria has an embassy in Bucharest. Romania has an embassy in Sofia
- Bulgarian - American relations, first formally established in 1903, have moved from missionary activity and American support for Bulgarian independence in
- mark on the culture, history and heritage of Bulgaria Due to this great variety of influences, Bulgaria has adopted many unusual traditions, including
- people in Bulgaria may face legal challenges not experienced by non - LGBT residents. Both male and female same - sex sexual activity are legal in Bulgaria but
- for a Strong Bulgaria Bulgarian Демократи за силна България, Demokrati za silna Balgarija, ДСБ, DSB is a political party in Bulgaria established by
- Energy in Bulgaria describes energy and electricity production, consumption and trade in Bulgaria Although Bulgaria is not very rich in fossil fuels