ⓘ Medicine stubs ..

AIM-HIGH trial

AIM-HIGH was a multi-center clinical trial related to the prophylactic treatment coronary artery disease involving some 90 sites in the United States and Canada, which was conducted between 2006 and 2012 and involved 3.414 volunteers. AIM-HIGH was an acronym for Atherothrombosis Intervention in Metabolic Syndrome with low HDL/HIGH Triglycerides trial

Ambulatory Patient Group

Ambulatory Patient Group is a classification system for outpatient services reimbursement developed for the American Medicare service by the Health Care Financing Administration. It classifies patients into nearly 300 pathology groups rather than the 14.000 of the International Classification of Diseases. The APG system is similar to the diagnosis-related groups DRG, which apply to inpatient care rendered by a hospital.

Angiosome

An angiosome is an area of skin and underlying tissues vascularized by a source artery. It is a concept that is used by plastic surgeons for the creation of perforator flaps and by interventional radiologists for the endovascular treatment of critical limb ischemia.

Anti-DNase B

Anti-Deoxyribonuclease B titres are a quantitative measure of the presence of serologic antibodies obtained from patients suspected of having a recent group A streptococcus bacteria infection, from Streptococcus pyogenes. In a patient with suspected post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis, anti-streptolysin-O titres ASOTs can be negative even after strep pharyngitis. Some studies suggest that up to 85% of patients with acute rheumatic fever from group A strep infection will be positive for ASO titers, leaving 15% of patients having been diagnosed with rheumatic fever negative for ASO titers. ...

Antibody barcoding

Antibody barcoding is a protein profiling technique that has been used to analyze hundreds of proteins from small tissue samples, such as minimally invasive fine-needle aspirates from cancer tissue. Although promising, the technique has not yet been extensively proven or developed. The method involves optical mapping of DNA sequences that are added as "barcodes" to antibodies attached to the cells in the sample. The method showed high reproducibility and achieved single-cell sensitivity. In addition to profiling cancer cells, the method shows promise as a clinical tool to identify pathway ...

                                     

ⓘ Medicine stubs

  • The European Society for Emergency Medicine EUSEM is an organisation promoting international emergency medicine in Europe. The society was founded at
  • Henan University of Chinese Medicine Chinese: 河南中医药大学 Henan Zhōngyīyào dàxue is a public university in Zhengzhou, Henan, China. One of the earliest of
  • The Seattle Institute of East Asian Medicine SIEAM, formerly the Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine is a private, for - profit graduate college in
  • medical concept of urinary bladder, this concept from traditional Chinese medicine is more a way of describing a set of interrelated functions than an anatomical
  • Neuromusculoskeletal medicine is a specialty in osteopathic medicine It was defined to recognize doctors who had become experts in the diagnosis and
  • The Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine ACAOM is an accrediting agency recognised by the American Department of Education
  • Library of Medicine Mouse PubMed Reference: National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine Entrez Gene: STUB 1 STIP1
  • gauge is also known as the Stubs Iron Wire Gauge or Birmingham Wire Gauge. It is not the same as, though similar to, the Stubs Steel Wire Gauge. Birmingham
  • JAMA Internal Medicine is a monthly peer - reviewed medical journal published by the American Medical Association. It was established in 1908 as the Archives
  • The Bulletin of the History of Medicine is a quarterly peer - reviewed academic journal established in 1933. It is an official publication of the American
  • The University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine was established in 1967 and renamed the Cumming School of Medicine in 2014. It is one of two medical schools
  • of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine is one of the three colleges of the University of Edinburgh. The College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine is composed
  • Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters and the Royal Society of Medicine Odd Stub retired as chief physician in 1961. He died in December 1964 and was