Maccabi World Union is an international Jewish sports organisation spanning five continents and more than 50 countries, with some 400.000 members. The Maccabi World Union organises the Maccabiah Games, a prominent international Jewish athletics event. The organisation comprises six confederations: Maccabi Israel, European Maccabi confederation, confederation Maccabi North America, confederation Maccabi Latin America, Maccabi South Africa, and Maccabi Australia.
Morgnshtern was a Jewish sports organisation in interbellum Poland, politically linked to the Bund. It was founded in the end of 1926. Morgnshtern increased significantly in influence in the period just preceding the Second World War. In 1937 the organisation had 107 local branches in different parts of the country. Its largest branch was based in Warsaw. In 1936, the Warsaw branch had 956 active members, in 1937 he membership reached around 1500 and 1855 in 1938. Morgnshtern was repeatedly targeted by the Polish authorities; between 1929 and 1934, 23 local Morgnshtern branches were closed ...
Mosaic Outdoor Clubs of America is an international non-profit network of Jewish outdoor clubs in the United States, Canada, and Israel.
Robotniczy Klub Sportowy "Skala" was a Jewish Communist sports organization in Wyszkow, Poland, active during the interbellum years. Founded in 1928, RKS was one of two Jewish sports organizations in the city. The club had a football team. RKS had initially appealed to Jewish workers across party lines, with the slogan that ".if you are a worker, you belong in this club". However, the political unity became short-lived. The communists seized control over the club. Just a few weeks after its foundation, the Poale Zion Left followers split away and set up a third Jewish sports organization i ...
Yiddisher Arbeter Sport Klub was a Jewish sports organization in Antwerp, Belgium. It was founded in 1936. YASK was linked to the Communist Party of Belgium. A product of the Popular Front era, YASK was set up as an open sports organization for the Jewish population at large. The club emphasized anti-fascism, whilst maintaining a neutral stand on Zionism. YASK sent a troupe to the 1937 Peoples Olympics in Barcelona. YASK members were active in the United Jewish Help Committee for Spain in Antwerp. YASK served as a pool for recruitment for resistance cells during the Second World War.
ⓘ Jewish sports organizations
- The National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Museum, in Commack, New York, is dedicated to honoring American Jewish figures who have distinguished themselves
- a Jewish Communist sports organization in Wyszkow, Poland, active during the interbellum years. Founded in 1928, RKS was one of two Jewish sports organizations
- Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations CoP commonly Presidents Conference is an American non - profit organization that addresses issues of critical
- The International Jewish Sports Hall of Fame Hebrew: יד לאיש הספורט היהודי romanized: Yad L ish HaSport HaYehudi was opened July 7, 1981 in Netanya
- Maccabi World Union is an international Jewish sports organisation spanning five continents and more than 50 countries, with some 400, 000 members. The
- relating to American Jewish history. The American Jewish Historical Society is the oldest national ethnic historical organization in the United States
- Jewish Sports Review JSR is a bi - monthly magazine that was established in 1997. Its editors are Ephraim Moxson and Shel Wallman. The magazine identifies
- funded by Jewish youth organizations Jewish youth organizations Many of these are Zionist youth movements. The various organizations differ in political
- A Jewish Federation Jfed is the secular primary Jewish nonprofit organization found within most metropolitan areas or sometimes states in North America
- This list of Jewish athletes in sports contains athletes who are Jewish and have attained outstanding achievements in sports The criteria for inclusion
- The Jewish Federations of North America JFNA formerly the United Jewish Communities UJC is an American Jewish umbrella organization representing