ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 578

Zionskirche, Dresden

The Zionskirche is the name given to two Evangelical Lutheran church buildings in the Sudvorstadt district of Dresden. The first, the Alte Zionskirche, was built by Schilling & Graebner from 1908 to 1912. This building was hit and badly damaged b ...

Parnass Tower

The Parnass Tower is an observation tower in the town of Plon in the North German state of Schleswig-Holstein. It sits on the summit of the low hill of ParnaS. Its a 20-metre steel lattice tower, built on a stone pedestal with a viewing platform ...

Princes House

The Princes House in Plon in the North German state of Schleswig-Holstein is a former royal summer residence in the grounds of the park at Plon Castle. It is the only surviving maison de plaisance in Schleswig-Holstein. It received its current na ...

Salzspeicher

The Salzspeicher of Lubeck, Germany, are six historic brick buildings on the Upper Trave River next to the Holstentor. Built in 16-18 centuries, the houses stored salt that was mined in the district of lüneburg and brought to lübeck over the Stec ...

St. Johns Church, Plon

St. Johns Church in the north German town of Plon was built in 1685 as an independent parish church when Plons new town, Neustadt, was developed by Duke John Adolphus. In a wooden Hall of the Church Saalkirche from three sides with polygonal ends ...

St. Nicholas Church, Fehmarn

The church is on the island of Fehmarn in the Baltic. The island is joined by a bridge to the mainland, and there are plans to link the island by a submerged tunnel to Denmark. There is a bronze font in the church which dates from 1391. It is not ...

Aurora building

The Aurora building was a proposed construction project that was not granted planning permission. If built at the proposed height of 109 metres, 37 storeys, it would have been the tallest building on the island of Ireland. The proposed location o ...

Crescent Link Retail Park

Crescent Link Retail Park is an out-of-town retail park located in the south eastern periphery of Derry, Northern Ireland. It is just off the A514, which itself is named Crescent Link, hence the retail parks name. The development is located 3 mil ...

Fairhill Centre

The Fairhill Centre is a shopping centre located in Ballymena, County Antrim, Northern Ireland. It contains over 50 stores and a food court and has parking for over 1.100 cars in a multi-storey car park. It is open seven days a week. Anchor tenan ...

Inishmacsaint

Inishmacsaint is a monastery located on an island off the western shore of Lough Erne, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland. The site includes the ruins of a monastic church and an early stone cross, probably from the tenth and twelfth centuries. I ...

Kennedy Centre, Belfast

Kennedy Centre is a retail and leisure development in a largely built-up residential area in west Belfast. Having agreed upon a new anchor tenant, the Kennedy Centre was redeveloped again in 2009. At approximately 97.000 sq ft, its anchor tenant ...

Lisburn Courthouse

Lisburn Courthouse is a judicial facility in Railway Street in Lisburn, County Antrim, Northern Ireland. It is home to the magistrates and county courts.

Merchant Hotel (Belfast)

The building was built in the mid-nineteenth century as the headquarters of the Ulster Bank, and was transformed into a hotel in 2006. A modern extension was constructed as well. Tyrone Crystal chandelier-built for a large hall, designer Marcus N ...

Mount Panther

Mount Panther is an historic country house located between Dundrum and Clough in Northern Ireland. The house dates from the 1700s and has been derelict for some years. In 2009 it was offered for sale for £5m along with 140 acres of farm and parkl ...

Newry Town Hall

Newry Town Hall is the civic building of Newry, Northern Ireland, however, the main Council Chambers are located at Monaghan Row just off the Camlough Road in the city.

Richmond Centre (Derry)

The Richmond Centre is a large shopping centre in Derry, Northern Ireland of 100.000 sq ft. The centre hosts over 40 retail units, including some major high street names. It was completed in 1984 within the city’s historic walls. It was the first ...

Sacred Heart Church, Plumbridge

Sacred Heart Church is a Catholic church in the village of Plumbridge, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. It was built in the 1850s and was damaged by a bomb explosion in the old police barracks beside it. It is a Grade B2 listed building.

Saint Patricks, Newry

Saint Patricks Church is a Church of Ireland church in Newry, County Down, Northern Ireland. The church is believed to have been built in 1578 on the instructions of Nicholas Bagenal, who was granted the monastery lands by Edward VI, and is consi ...

Tamlaght Finlagan Monastery

Tamlaght Finlagan Monastery is an early religious settlement in Tamlaght Finlagan, Northern Ireland. The monastery was founded in 585 ad. The name of the monastery means "the plague monument of St. Findluganus". Findluganus was a companion of St. ...

Windsor House (Belfast)

Windsor House was a 23-story, 80 m high-rise building on Bedford Street in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The building was the tallest storeyed building in Ireland before being surpassed by Obel Tower and stands at 85 metres tall, with 23 floors. Bui ...

Hale Mirowskie

Hale Mirowskie is a market constructed in 1899-1901 in Warsaws Mirow district. Until its destruction during the 1944 Warsaw Uprising, it was Warsaws largest market. Rebuilt in the 1950s–1960s, it was restored to its original function as a market.

Lubomirski Ramparts

Lubomirski Ramparts was a 12 kilometre-long earthwork surrounding the city of Warsaw in late 18th and 19th century. A line of earthworks with a dry moat separated the city of Warsaw from the countryside. Erected by Stanislaw Lubomirski, the then ...

Church of the Holy Martyr Eugene, Novosibirsk

Church of the Holy Martyr Eugene is a Russian Orthodox church in Novosibirsk, Russia. It is located near the Zayeltsovskoye Cemetery.

St. John the Evangelist Church (Grushevskaya)

Church of St. John the Evangelist ― is a Russian Orthodox church in Grushevskaya stanitsa, Aksaysky District, Rostov Oblast, Russia. It belongs to Volgodonsk diocese of Moscow Patriarchate and was built in 1887. It is also an object of Russias cu ...

St. Nicholas Church (Novocherkassk)

In Novocherkassk, on Pochtovaya Street at the distance of 300 metres from each other there were two St. Nicholas churches: one was Orthodox on Nikolskaya Square now Levski Square, and the other belonged to Old Believers community and was situated ...

Trubchevsk Cathedral

The Trinity Cathedral in Trubchevsk, Russia, was built in the 18th century on a hill rising above the river Desna. It incorporates the foundations of an earlier church, built in the beginning of the 16th century by the Princes Troubetzkoy, and it ...

Arco del Populo

Arco del Populo is an archway of the city of Cadiz, southern Spain. It has been declared a Bien de Interes Cultural site. The Arco del Pópulo in Cadiz in Spain is a primitive Puerta del Mar because to get to the port and were surrounded by two cu ...

Bahia Park

Bahia Park is a water park city in northern Algeciras, northeastern Spain, located a long way off the road to Malaga. Situated in the centre, the surroundings to the west across the highway are rural, with volcanoes in the background. The city ha ...

Bateria de Zuazo

Bateria de Zuazo is a battery located in San Fernando in the Province of Cadiz, Andalusia, Spain. It was built by Felipe II to help defend the Isla de Leon. It was protected under the general declaration of the Decree of April 22 of 1949 and Law ...

Bunker 1 de Camposoto

Bunker 1 de Camposoto is a bunker located in San Fernando in the Province of Cadiz, Andalusia, Spain. It was built on Camposoto beach during the Spanish Civil War.

Casa consistorial de San Fernando

Casa consistorial de San Fernando is a building that houses the administrative offices of the city government of San Fernando in the Province of Cadiz, Andalusia, Spain. This building is of neoclassic style, located in the Plaza de España and is ...

Ermita Sagrado Corazon de Jesus

Ermita Sagrado Corazon de Jesus is a Christian church in the western outskirts of Algeciras, Spain, situated just to the northwest of Bahia Park across the main highway to Malaga. The Malaga branch of the Sagrado Corazon de Jesus had been establi ...

Poligono Industrial Cortijo Real

Poligono Industrial Cortijo Real is an industrial estate in the southwestern suburbs of Algeciras, southeastern Spain. Nico Reparaciones Navales SA, Mediterraneo SA, Recomar SA, Lozano, Ivesur, MD Nautica SL, Talleres Barberans, Sofrial, Autransa ...

Torre Alta

Torre Alta is a tower located in San Fernando in the Province of Cadiz, Andalusia, Spain. Located about 120 metres from the Real Instituto y Observatorio de la Armada, the 18 metres structure is a listed Bien de Interes Cultural monument.

Torre del Almirante

Torre del Almirante is a tower located in Algeciras, Spain. It was declared Bien de Interes Cultural in 1985. Date of this tower is unknown and to many other towers that were built around the Bay of Gibraltar and South to Algeciras, batteries and ...

Torre del Rocadillo

Torre del Rocadillo is a historic ruined tower, located about a mile to the west of Puente Mayorga in the municipality of San Roque in the Province of Cadiz, Andalusia, Spain. It was constructed in the 16th century.

Ayton Castle, North Yorkshire

Ayton Castle is a ruined 14th century pele tower castle that is located near West Ayton, North Yorkshire, England. It is a Grade I listed building. There was a fortified manor house or castle on the site since the 12th century. In the 13th centur ...

Carnatic Hall

Carnatic Hall was an 18th century mansion that was located in Mossley Hill, Liverpool, England. The house was built in 1779 for the shipowner Peter Baker, who served as mayor of Liverpool in 1795. Initially, the site of Mosley hall, the family Ho ...

Doncaster West Yard

Doncaster West Yard is a stabling point located in Doncaster, England. The yard is located near Doncaster railway station and is situated on the East Coast Main Line. Code depot-doctor

Eccleston Hall

Eccleston Hall is a 19th century Grade II listed hall located in Eccleston, Merseyside, St Helens, England. Historically the current building is the third such hall built on the land with the first being in the 17th century. The hall was built ar ...

Irby Hall

Irby Hall is 17th century Grade II listed manor house located in Irby, Wirral. Built upon a former 11th century manor and courthouse of St Werburgh Abbey and surrounded by a moat the overall site has been designated as a Scheduled monument.

Worcester Light Maintenance Depot

Worcester Light Maintenance Depot is a traction maintenance depot located in Worcester, Worcestershire, England. The depot is situated near Worcester Shrub Hill station. Code depot with WS.

Annan Castle

Annan Castle, was a castle that was located on the banks of the River Annan, in Annan, Scotland. A Motte and Bailey castle was built in the 12th century the family of de Brus, Lord Annandale. A flood in the middle of the 12th century changed the ...

Ardross Castle, Fife

The Dishington family built the castle, but sold it to Sir William Scott of Elie in 1607. At the end of the 17th century is passed to Sir William Anstruther.

Arndilly House

Arndilly House is a 1770 house in Banffshire, Scotland, in the parish of Boharm. It lies between the River Spey and Ben Aigan. It was rebuilt in 1826 and 1850. It is a category a listed building with historic Scotland. It was rebuilt in the style ...

Bamff

Bamff House is the home of the Ramsays of Bamff, and is located within a 1.300-acre estate in Perthshire, Scotland. Bamff House began as a fortified tower in the late 16th Century and was added to and altered in almost every century since then. B ...

Bannockburn House

Bannockburn House was built in the late 17th Century, with slight alterations added in the 19th Century. The house was most probably commissioned by Sir Hugh Paterson in 1675, whose son and grandson were made Baronets of that house. In the year o ...

Black Castle of Moulin

The Black Castle of Moulin, is a ruined castle located in Moulin near Pitlochry, Scotland. It is a scheduled monument. The castle was built about 1326 by sir John Campbell of Lochawe on the island, or brewery crannog in the Loch, now drained. The ...

Blackwater Reservoir

The Blackwater Reservoir is a reservoir created behind a dam in the mountains above Kinlochleven, Lochaber, Highland, Scotland. At over 914 m long, the dam is the longest in the Highlands. For the dam in New Hampshire, see Blackwater Dam The hydr ...

Cairn Lee

Cairn Lee is a prehistoric monument in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Cairn Lee and proximate Longman Hill are the oldest prehistoric features in the local area.